Thursday, March 18, 2010

peppermint marshmellows

So, I have always wanted to make marshmellows and since I got my Bosch for Christmas I can, (mwahhh ha ha ha). Having no vanilla is a hardship (I am holding out for a Penzy's spice order I'm putting together) so I went with pepeprmint. Note to self. Add only 1/2 A tsp. of peppermint for 1 tsp. of vanilla. Strong little marshmellows. Also note. Marshmellows need to sit for four hours or overnite before being cut to shape. DO NOT PUT PLASTIC WRAP OVER THE MARSHMELLOWS before dusting them with the mixture of powdered sugar and corn starch. messy, messy, messy. Luckily I only had it halfway down before my brain kicked in.

We will be cutting them when we get back from the church (when you talk to your friend and you know she is prepping for Relief Society Meetings that evening beware asking 'do you need anything? You know where that is going). LOL I knew where that was headed. OK and the gym first. If I am going to bake I had best be going to the gym.

My girl looks so cute today. She is finding her own style and it is gorgeous. I will try and post pictures. I do have one of the lemon rosemary cakes.

-Eea

No comments: