Sunday, May 24, 2009


So its been a fun month.Buddy turned 5 and we had a little family party. He likes being five but he will tell you he is seven because he counts from the ground up and every five inches or so he gives a number. ankles 1, knees 2 etc. He hits seven at his head. I am ten years old. I laughed and said no, I am 35 years old and he grabbed his head, fell down and the floor and laughed, no way mom.



Princess had a field trip to a reenactment 1800s village. I got to go. The lady who showed them the spinning wheels was very scary.






Buddy 'graduated' from the HIPPY program (it's an acronym and I can't find anyone who knows what it fully stands for but its a Home/Parent/Educator prepare your kid for kindgergarten thing. Our co-ordinator brought lessons every week and taught me how to teach them to Buddy, then Budddy and I spent 15-40 min. a day working on the curriculum. It was great for me because I knew he wasn't ready for kindergarten and I didn't know what else to work on. He knew all of his letters and the sounds they made, colors shapes, a few blends and was reading simple words. He would not color or hold a pencil or write his name... Our very first lesson we worked on vocabulary. There were two squares on a page and you put two identical cups on each square and asked 'are these items the same or different? ' and the answer is 'the same'. Then you place a fork in one square and a cup in the other square and ask 'are these items the same or different?' and the answer was 'the same!'. I realized that the program was going to help us out. Our coordinator also helped us get in touch with the school district's other programs and we now have speech therapy and occcupational therapy once a week. We also got to make a video for the national school board about our experience with the program. I hope they got what they needed becasue the program has been great for us. We entertained princess and little buddy with the digital camera during graduation.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

It's amazing what programs are out there if you just figure out where to look and who to ask. I'm so happy to see photos of your kiddos. I love them.

charlesfam said...

Seeing your pictures makes me so excited to see you in a couple of weeks. I'm glad the program worked well for you. We'll see you soon.

Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

I didn't realize he had a birthday this month - and we probably saw him that day. You'll have to email me all your birthdays. I know little guy is Jan, but already forgot the day! Hate that we are missing you tonight for dinner. Let us know when you are free.